About the job
- Align to, understand, and prioritize analytic goals to address business opportunities and value
- Scope and build proof-of-concepts / prototypes using data science techniques directly
- Conceive, develop, and test algorithms with tools like Python, R, etc. (Python is a must, R is good to have).
- Carry out machine learning projects and deploy the model in production
- At least 2 years’ proven experience in data analysis in the retail industry is preferred
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (i.e. Python and/or R)
- Knowledge of basic machine learning, including but not limited to regression, decision tree, time series, boosting, deep learning, etc.
- A Strong ability in writing Python and/or R code for machine learning projects
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- BS or MS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or related quantitative displace. Ph.D. is a plus.
- Creative business thinking and open-minded. Ability to convert information into insights
- Strong team player, adaptable and flexible to changes
- Proactive, independent, responsible, creative and self-motivated
- Strong interest in data science
Good to have
- Retail industry experience
- Supply chain knowledge
- Passion for fashion
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Git, Linux and cloud service, e.g., AWS