About the job
Pedro is a fashion brand designed to empower the effortless confidence of a modern style maven with effortless essentials. By relating, refining and reinventing, we create updated essentials to celebrate individualism that transcends time or gender. Since our inception in 2006, we have launched both men’s & women’s collection of footwear and accessories that extends beyond our 109 global stores to an online shopping experience at pedroshoes.com
Our modern-day collection continues to inspire 19 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East and the United States of America
The Merchandise Planner will be responsible for driving category sales, profitability and inventory productivity for the region and its individual markets while ensuring that regional merchandising and pricing strategies are aligned with global brand standards. Besides working with various internal departments to identify key issues and develop effective solutions, the Planner will also align Franchise partners and cooperate closely to ensure seamless local execution of strategy
The Planner will need to be in touch with market performance and needs to constantly, provide timely feedback to global teams to fill business gaps and forecast merchandise performance based on historical performances and understanding of fashion trends.
Drive Market Performance with Data-Driven Decisions
- Deep dive into market data for both offline and online channels to produce actionable insights to drive market performance.
- Create strategy decks and pitch ideas to stakeholders to gain buy-in.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of data flow from markets.
Lead Merchandise Planning, Pricing and Inventory Management Efforts
- Manage Category Open-To-Buy (rolling budget plan); maintain category sales projections and optimize inventory flow to fulfil retail targets.
- Lead seasonal buying and drive sell-through KPIs. Forecast appropriate purchase quantities at SKU level by analysing historical performance and market trend projections.
- Ensure that collection plan meets branding and visual guidelines and business expectations. Work with Operations, Marketing and Visual Merchandising teams to ensure appropriate store merchandise mix, fulfil stock requirements and maintain global brand image.
- Review and execute pricing strategies to ensure profitability KPIs are met.
- Execute in-season activities with Franchisees regarding product launch, repeat orders, mark downs and stock movement to manage product life cycle.
- Anticipate potential inventory liabilities and take timely actions to maintain stock holdings at desired levels in accordance with seasonal calendar.
- Conduct consumer, product and competitor research to keep abreast of global industry and international market trends
- Lead or participate in department projects to improve systems or merchandising efficiency
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising, Retail Management or related disciplines
- 2 – 5 years’ of relevant experience
- Proficient in Office 365 tools, especially Excel, and Qlik
- Keen interest in fashion and retail
- Able to plan, prioritize and multi-task to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Able to breakdown and analyse complex issues to implement effective solutions with business partners
- Pleasant disposition with excellent interpersonal skills